Manual & Ultrasonic Corrosion Profiling
The Scorpion 2 is a portable, powerful, ultrasonic inspection system for corrosion profiling, mapping and weld inspection
Tus scanning technology is used for corrosion profiling, mapping and standard TOFD probes for butt welds, it offers distinct advantages for inspection of storage tanks, pipework and pressure vessels.
Scorpion2 is equipped with the best ultrasonic electronics and software the industry has to offer. With its advanced filtering, the system can inspect materials 4.7–100 mm (3/16 in to 4 in) faster and more accurately than other solutions on the market.
The R-Scan is a manual, dry coupled B-scan ultrasonic scanner which can be used on a wide variety of assets ranging from 2 inch (50 mm) diameter pipe up to a flat surface.
Ultrasonic B-Scan Amplitude View
The amplitude view shows the B-scan profile in both X and Y dimensions at a selected point in a C-scan. Using the B-scan amplitude view, operators can easily identify any defects or inclusions. C-scans are an effective method of viewing general wall thinning and larger defects, but small pit and inclusion indications can often be difficult to see because of their small surface areas. By reviewing acquisitions in B-scan mode, you can quickly identify and size these potentially critical indications. The software also has a stacked B-scan mode to help with identification of step-wise cracking and defects not aligned with the X and Y scanning directions.
- Automated/Remote-access UT scanner
- High-speed ultrasonic testing
- High probability of corrosion detection with up to 0.5 mm (0.02 in) scan grid
- Import inspection data to CMAP
- Range of scanning heads
- Inspection confidence
- Field-proven durability and reliability
- Helps reduce maintenance costs by minimizing use of scaffolding
- No paint removal required
- Real-time image display
- Wide range of applications up to 200 ˚C (392 ˚F)
- Inspect materials as thick as 150 mm (5.9 in)
- 3D data view for internal/external profiles
- Can be used on any ferrous item from 152.4 mm (6in) NB to flat plates
- Longitudinal scanning head for increased productivity on crude oil transfer lines, slug catchers, and the like
- Up to 50 m (164 ft) long × 1 m (3.3 ft) wide scan data acquisitions, feasible in one location